Fear Factory (supported by Manhole & Drain), 2nd July 1996 – Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton

Having met two member of Fear Factory at the Exposure Rock Club in Merry Hill during Easter, I jumped at the chance to see them during their summer tour of the UK in 1996. I actually met them once more prior to the gig at an in-store signing session. I recall Burton C Bell signing my arm and telling me not to get any tattoos done as he regrets some of his (not sure if that was a joke or not). They were joined in the store by Drain, a female equivalent of Alice in Chains – who also happened to sign a copy of their debut album for me. In fact, I have a letter from their drummer, the only result of having sent a number of letters to various bands during this period. Manhole, a rap metal act fronted by Tarrie B also played and were solid, if unspectacular. Bit of a RATM rip off...


Fear Factory were brilliant, and were ideally suited to a loud, crisp sound that is possible in an average size indoor venue such as the Civic Hall in Wolverhampton. Highlights included "Dog Day Sunrise", "Replica" and the still-awesome "Self-Bias Resistor". 

8.5 out of 10


Comments