Medieval Lego Castle MOC

For Christmas a couple of years ago, Alison bought me a box of a Lego in an inspired spell of present-giving. Despite it containing bricks of all colours I started to build a castle and then in a moment of MOC-inspiration realized that I could purchase a load of grey bricks from a website for the purpose. A year later, as I neared the completion of the castle I decided that whilst it was okay for a first attempt, I could do a whole lot better and so I spent a whole evening dismantling the entire thing, filling five empty tins of chocolates with bricks. I have spent the past year building a brand new medieval castle, this time going for a far higher level of detail and intricacy, resulting in something I am far happier with. 

I have not yet completed this new Lego MOC, but as around two thirds of it is in place I thought it worth adding some pictures in - and so here you are, the results are a work in progress).

The main gatehouse... (rock detail only partially complete at the base)




The blacksmith & armoury...





Stable quarters...



Court jester in the minstrels gallery...




The throne room...




Top of the tower...



The soldier's quarters...




The library... (still under construction)




The chapel...


Comments