Jethro Tull, 26th March 2007 – Alex Theatre, Birmingham

The second time I saw Tull, they played a full acoustic set including memorable renditions of “Fat Man” and the "Henry VIII Madrigal" composition. I recall Ian Andersen waxing praise on Martin Barre’s acoustic skills, having set his stall out as a purely electric player in the seventies and eighties.


The Alex Theatre was naturally older and quainter than some of the other venues in and around the Birmingham area but had its own idiosyncrasies. I recall at one point popping to the gents during which I overheard the sort of conversation usually associated with Tommy Saxondale – along the lines of “I don’t remember taking so long in the gents forty years ago.” Not sure if that was depressing or simply pithy. Either way it was a stark reminder that I’ll be an old “has been” one day.

What am I saying “one day”?

8 out of 10

Comments