Queens of the Stone Age 21st November 2013 – National Indoor Arena, Birmingham

And so to the present - almost. Queens of the Stone Age touring on the back of their Like Clockwork album in Birmingham. Can’t recall who opened for them but Im not even sure we bothered with them.


Josh Homme was ill and openly stated that he didn’t feel great, but that didn’t stop what was a really energetic show with a real cross-section of material on offer. They kicked off with “You Think I Aint Worth a Dollar...” and did everything you would expect. In fact, to hell with it, here’s their full setlist:

  • You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire 
  • No One Knows 
  • The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret 
  • My God Is the Sun 
  • Monsters in the Parasol 
  • I Sat by the Ocean 
  • …Like Clockwork 
  • In the Fade 
  • If I Had a Tail 
  • Kalopsia 
  • Little Sister 
  • Fairweather Friends 
  • Smooth Sailing 
  • Make It Wit Chu 
  • I Appear Missing 
  • Sick, Sick, Sick 
  • Go With the Flow
  • The Vampyre of Time and Memory 
  • Feel Good Hit of the Summer 
  • A Song for the Dead

Have to confess that we ducked out of the encore to beat the traffic which is probably a really bad habit best avoided for the future, but it was pre-Christmas in Birmingham and sometimes it sucks being stuck in traffic. Anyway, despite missing the last couple of songs, it was a great gig and I recall him waxing lyrical on the local area for its contribution to rock and metal. Which was nice.

9 out of 10

Comments